Dog Training terms
- Focus: Eye contact
- Let's go: starting out on a walk
- Heel: Walking right next to the leg
- Loose leash walking: walking within one body length without pulling
- Sit: Sitting on hind quarters
- Down: Lying down on all four feet.
- Stand: Standing on all four feet.
- Leave it: Ignoring all or any attention to an object or distraction.
- Come/Recall: To return or come back from any place.
- Threshold/boundary: Physical or virtual line that cannot be crossed, doorway, lawn edge.
- Operant Conditioning: Training method where the subject's behavior is modified by the consequence.
- Negative Punishment: Absence of: Removing or not giving something the dog values to punish the dog.
- Negative Reinforcement: Absence of: Removing a negative stimulus to get the dog to comply.
- Positive Punishment: The presents of, a physical correction for not complying, leash correction, verbal NO!
- Positive Reinforcement: The presents of, praise, toy or treat something that reinforces a behavior.